Just a day after slipping on the balance beam and “only” winning bronze, Simone Biles bounced back to end her Olympics on a high note.
She took home gold — her fourth of the Olympics — in the floor exercise, while teammate Aly Raisman won silver. Biles will leave Rio with five medals, while Raisman picks up three more to add to the three she won in London in 2012.
The U.S. also had major success on the track, taking home both gold and silver in the men’s triple jump.
Day 11 U.S. medals
- Simone Biles, Women’s floor exercise (gymnastics)
- Christian Taylor, Men’s triple jump (track and field)
- Aly Raisman, Women’s floor exercise (gymnastics)
- Will Claye, Men’s triple jump (track and field)
- Danell Leyva (2), Men’s horizontal bar and men’s parallel bars (gymnastics)
- Sarah Hammer, Women’s omnium (cycling)
- Caleb Paine, Men’s finn (sailing)
- Jennifer Simpson, Women’s 1500-meter (track and field)
For more information, head to our Olympics home page.